The Henry Dixon Memorial
Young, Black and College Bound Scholarship
- He / She must be a member of New Faith M. B. Church in good standing;
- Applicant must be under the age of 24;
- Must have a minimum of a "C" average;
- Student (full/part-time) must be currently enrolled or enrolling in a university or college accredited program
- Workshop participation is required
Complete On-line Application by Deadline (June 28th, 2015)
Prior to submission, make sure ALL FIELDS are complete
High School Seniors - A copy of your most recent Grades and/or Transcripts.
Returning College Students â€“ A copy of your official Transcript
If transcripts are not available then a Letter from Counselor stating their grades and GPA on school letterhead will be accepted
All incoming freshman must include a "letter of acceptance"
Two letters of recommendations:
One letter should be from a church leader (Deacon, Sunday School Teacher, President of any auxiliary, Minister, Trustee â€“ excludes immediate relatives, committee members and Pastor Randolph)
One from an academic source such as a Teacher, Dean, Principal or Counselor on official school letterhead.
One from community service (high school/college applicants)
One from a church or faith based organization you affiliated with away (college applicants)
Letter of Recommendation Rules (New for 2015)
1. Submit letter of recommendations via email email@example.com (must be sent from the recommender)
2. Must be on professional letter head, provide title and contact information.
ALL DOCUMENTS ARE TO BE UPLOADED TO THE WEBSITE. DOCUMENTS SENT TO THE CHURCH OR HAND DELIVERED WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
All applications must be received by Sunday, June 28th, 2015. NO EXCEPTIONS.